The Cuban Medical Brigade in China on Monday highlighted the commitment to continue its work, expand and deepen exchanges with China to face the coronavirus outbreak, which has already killed 908 people and infected about 49,171.
Yamira Palacios, head of the Cuban Medical Services Trading Corporation office and of the medical brigade in China, told Prensa Latina that the team will maintain benefits in health institutions as it has uninterruptedly been for 14 years.
“We will continue contributing to the welfare and quality of life along with our physicians and Chinese healthcare workers, who are an example of work, value and commitment,” the doctor said.
She expressed confidence that China will surely be “victorious in this battle for life,” because her people “fight, know how to grow in the face of the most difficult adversity and now it proves it.”
“We support China, we support Wuhan and all healthcare workers … they are anonymous heroes and they will win. They have already won with their love and their dedication,” Palacios said.
On the other hand, she stressed that the Cuban community is well protected, complying with all measures by the Chinese health authorities and the Cuban Ministry of Public Health.
“The main task now is to avoid exposing ourselves to risk and taking care of everyone’s health,” she concluded.
Palacios is leading the medical center established at the Cuban embassy in Beijing to strengthen healthcare for Cubans in China amid the emergency due to the coronavirus outbreak and its consequent pneumonia.
Last week, pediatrician infectologist Ileana Alvarez and clinicial infectologist Rafael Arocha, both renowned doctors of the Henry Reeve Contingent, joined the medica brigade in China.
Cuba also conveyed its solidarity with China through messages by First Secretary of the Cuban Communist Party’s Central Committee Raul Castro and President Miguel Diaz-Canel.
Lab/ Taked from Cubasi